WKC Is All About Dogs — And The People Who Love Them
Welcome to the Wilmington Kennel Club
Every month of the year features valuable WKC training classes for everyone from new puppy owners to seasoned professional dog handlers, and the club also sponsors several useful seminars and lectures on important dog-related topics from canine health to grooming.
- The Wilmington Kennel Club sponsors a wide variety of events for dogs and their owners throughout the year.
- WKC's popular Show 'N Go events, informal in inexpensive opportunities for dog owners to compete with their dogs in obedience trials, start in January and recur regularly on select Saturdays.
- The annual Canine Health Clinic that offers many medical evaluations at substantial cost discounts is in February.
- In March, WKC sponsors Rally trials that attract participants from the Middle Atlantic region.
- The club celebrates the arrival of warmer weather in April with its nationally recognized Dog Show at Lums Pond State Park outside Newark, DE. More than a thousand dogs from around the U.S. and overseas compete in this annual event.
- May brings a weekend of agility trials for canine athletes who leap tall hurdles in a single bound.
- Rally and obedience trials highlight June, and Show 'N Go's return in July and August.
- WKC is a prominent participant in Newark (DE) Community Day festivities on the Green at the University of Delaware campus in September.
- Show 'N Go's take place in October and November as the holiday season nears.
- WKC members get together for their annual Holiday Dinner in December.
The 2020 schedule begins the week of January 6, 2020. Online Registration Now Available!
- We have implemented a new online training system for 2020
- The new system allows you to sign up for more than one class at a time using a shopping cart. This means that you only have to fill out your information and your dog's information once even if you are signing up for more than one class.
- You may use the online registration system whether you are paying by check or credit card
- Due to the number of no-shows, your spot in the class is not guaranteed until payment is received. If you want to be sure you are in the class, please pay by credit card. Send all payments ahead of time. Do not wait to bring your check to class.
The Wilmington Kennel Club is for people who love dogs. We advocate for all dogs, regardless of breed, to ensure dogs receive the love, care and support they all deserve.
The club works to…
- Advance the study, breeding, exhibiting and care of purebred dogs through public service, support of like minded organizations and public education
- Promote and protect the AKC breeds and AKC dog activities in Delaware and the surrounding area by working with legislators and local communities and serving as a resource on dog related issues
- Participate in community activities with our public education information booth to educate the general public in all aspects of responsible dog ownership, including but not limited to the Sport of Purebred Dogs
- Supply information to the public on AKC breeds and other dogs and activities in our local community and nationally
- Host annual sanctioned events and competitions that welcome purebred dogs
- Run show handling, agility and obedience classes that welcome all dogs
- Sponsor a variety of seminars and clinics that are open to the public and beneficial to all dogs.
Rain or shine, day or night, our training facility is ideal for agility, obedience and handling classes! We hold seminars, show-n-go’s, matches and many other dog-related events! Being heated and air-conditioned, it has several rooms for different activities!
Our physical address is 2035 Sunset Lake Drive, Newark, Delaware. The facility is behind Dayette Mills at the corner of Rte. 72 & Old Baltimore Pike.