1943: The show was cancelled due to WWW II
1948: The Club was renamed and incorporated as the Wilmington Kennel Club
1949: The point show was moved to spring and held on the grounds of the Hercules Power Company Farms
1953: The first Obedience Trial was offered in conjunction with the point show
1956 through 1985: The point show was held at Delaware Park. 1956 was the last year it was benched.
1986 through 1990: The point show was held at Concord High School grounds
1991 through 1996: The point show was moved to Fair Hill Fairgrounds and then to Fort Washington, PA
1999 until today: The point show moved back to Delaware and has been held at Lum’s Pond State Park in Bear, Delaware for a decade.
1999: The club created a home base at 2035 Sunset Lake Road in Newark, Delaware for all club activities. Training classes and educational activities were now possible for activities on a year round basis. Wilmington Kennel Club became one of the few kennel clubs on the Eastern Seaboard to have full access to indoor spacing 365 days a year.
1999 through 2003: The club held numerous seminars including handling clinics with experts such as George Alston and Pat Trotter. The club also held an AKC Obedience Seminar, Canine Good Citizen Test, Microchip/Tattoo Clinic, Monthly Show and Go’s , Agility “A” Match and annual Health Clinic. The Agility Trials were held for the first time at Lum’s Pond State Park.
2009 and 2010: The Club had Penn Treaty KC join WKC to create three days of shows and Obedience Trials. The Club began indoor Obedience Trials. On the community partnership side WKC donated a new K-9 Officer to the New Castle County Police Department.